How to Stave Off Emergency Plumbing Problems?
What do you understand about plumbing emergencies? They’re not all about fixing pipe leaks. An unattended plumbing system can cause major problems in your home or building, including bathroom flooding, sewer line problems, clogged drains, etc. No matter what type of disaster breaks out in your home, you should call your emergency plumber in OKC. Nothing can be worse than a plumbing emergency just before holidays or special occasions at your home. Therefore, know the tips to follow to keep the situation under control until the plumber arrives.
Types of Plumbing Emergencies
1. Basement Flood: Being a nasty problem at home, it may cause significant stress for you. Stormwater invasion, pipe leakage or pump failure can cause a basement flood.
2. Toilet Flood: If the water after flushing does not go away and overflows onto the floor, it’s time to call an emergency plumber in OKC.
3. Clogged Drain: Disposal of leftover food, hair, grease, etc. in the kitchen sink can clog the drain. These wastes do not dilute in water and instead stay in the pipe, resulting in water flow interruption.
4. Water Heater Problem: The water heater will not provide hot water if the plumbing fixtures are corrupted. In this case, daily household chores like bathing, washing, and cleaning will be interrupted.
What to Do In Plumbing Emergencies
The emergency plumbers in OKC need a minimum time to reach your building, they are not Superman. So, you should give them the required time. Follow these tips to handle the situation before handing it over to the plumbers.
1. Keep an emergency kit at your home. Equip the kit with a regular plunger, wrenches, a multipurpose screwdriver, an assortment of Allen keys, duct and sealing tape, blind caps, and heavy-duty paper towels.
2. Know the location of the main water shutoff valve and turn it down.
3. Turn off the water heater.
4. Turn the isolation valves off at least once a year to keep them in good working condition.
5. Always use chemical cleaners wisely; choose a cleaner that will not corrode the pipes.
6. Keep separate garbage bins at home in which to throw leftover food and dispose of them timely. Use a separate bin for grease.
7. Take care of the faucets regularly. If there is mineral rust or water pools outside of them, there could be a plumbing problem.
8. Always clean debris that might clog the drain and cause a plumbing emergency at your home.
9. Always check the sewer line, gutter, etc., as rodents may build nests there. If that is not prevented, pipes may leak and break.
10. Finally, check the expiration dates of your plumbing fixtures and change them as needed.
Keep a plumber’s number handy, it will save your home from wastewater flood and keep it safe. You can call Red Plains Plumbing for an emergency. They are outstanding as an emergency plumber in OKC proving round the clock service at any time of the day.